SCHOOL DIRECT - TEACHER TRAINING
Train to Teach with Inspire
School Direct is a one-year initial teacher training programme that leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and provides schools with the opportunity to deliver in-school teacher training.
Inspire trainees are part of a team that supports each other and they receiving intensive guidance and mentoring from experienced teachers and leaders. As a family of schools, we work together to provide the best quality of support and experience as trainees learn the art of teaching and develop practice within the classroom.
The Inspire Partnership is able to offer both the salaried and unsalaried training route of School Direct Programmes and our programmes are run in partnership with Goldsmiths, University of London. Places for trainees are available at our schools in both Greenwich and Medway. All prospective candidates will need to go through an application and interview process with the Inspire Partnership. Once successful trainees are placed in one of our schools (working in an EYFS, KS1 or KS2 class) they will split their time working in school, training at university, participating in school-based professional development sessions, and visiting and sharing with other trainees across our partnership.
Enrolling into the Inspire Partnership Schools Direct programme will involve undertaking training with Goldsmiths, University of London, who deliver a comprehensive training programme designed to complement all training and guidance offered in schools. The university programme provides the theory, learning and practice required for the academic award of Professional Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE).
Throughout the School Direct training year, the Inspire Partnership will offer:
- Support from highly skilled teachers and leaders helping you to learn the art of teaching
- Opportunities to work alongside a mentor who is an experienced teacher
- Opportunities to engage in the latest theory and research which underpins out practice
- A comprehensive professional development programme to complement the training received through Goldsmiths
- Practical experience in schools that is personalised to trainees’ individual strengths and needs
We are excited to work with individuals from a range of backgrounds and experiences who share our passion for learning and can join us in our mission to transform children’s lives through partnership and collaboration. We are looking for candidates who:
- Express a desire for learning
- Are passionate in their belief in every child
- Want to make a difference to the lives of the children and families within the community
- Have high expectations and aspirations for all the children they work alongside
- Have high expectations of themselves as a learner and practitioner
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent attendance, punctuality and timekeeping
If you are interested in training to teach with Inspire and would like more information, please call 0208 305 7550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details about the entry requirements, or to apply for either the salaried or unsalaried training route, please visit the UCAS website.