SCHOOL DIRECT - TEACHER TRAINING
Train to Teach with Inspire
School Direct is a one-year initial teacher training programme that leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and provides schools with the opportunity to deliver in-school teacher training. Within the School Direct route trainees get the opportunity to learn ‘on the job’, but shouldn’t be worried about being thrown in at the deep end. Inspire trainees are part of a team supporting each other and receiving intensive guidance and mentoring from experienced teachers and leaders. As a family of schools, we work together to provide the best quality of support and experience as trainees learn the art of teaching and develop practice within the classroom.
Inspire Partnership are able to offer both the salaried and unsalaried training route of School Direct Programmes and our programmes are run in partnership with Goldsmiths University. All prospective candidates will need to go through an application and interview process with Inspire Partnership. Once successful trainees are placed in one of our schools (working in a KS1 or KS2 class) and will split their time working in school, training at university and visiting and sharing with other trainees across our partnership.
Working Alongside Goldsmiths
Enrolling into the Inspire Partnership schools direct programme will involve undertaking training with Goldsmiths, University of London, who deliver a comprehensive training programme designed to complement all training and guidance offered in schools. The university programme provides the theory, learning and practice required for the academic award of Professional Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE).
Whilst studying with Goldsmiths trainees will be required to submit two written assignments at Masters level. Trainees will receive comprehensive training and guidance to support them with these academic submissions as well as dedicated practical support each day within their host schools. Inspire Partnership are proud to continue to work with Goldsmiths University who are recognised as one of the UK's top creative universities as voted for by students. http://www.gold.ac.uk/educational-studies/.
We are keen to receive candidates from a range of backgrounds and experiences to become trainees with us. We are excited to work with individuals who share our passion for learning and can join us in our mission to transform children’s lives through partnership and collaboration. When applying for the salaried and unsalaried course we are looking for candidates who:
- Express a desire for learning
- Are passionate in their belief in every child
- Have a willingness and desire to make a difference to the lives of the children and families within the communities they teach
- Have high expectations and aspirations for all the children they work alongside
- Have high expectations of themselves as a learner and practitioner
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent attendance, punctuality and time keeping
Through the recruitment process and the programme we will work to develop and support all our trainees and welcome them into our schools family. To get the best of the programme and working with Inspire Partnership we are looking for candidates who will be able to:
- Reflect on their practice, showing a willingness to listen to feedback to support their development
- Work collaboratively within a high performing team
- Build and maintain good relationships with students, staff, parents and governors.
- Inspire and motivate those they work with
- Be a positive role model for those around them
- Be a professional role model
As training providers Inspire Partnership continually strives to provide the best support and experiences for all who join us and work with us across our schools. In return for your commitment to the training programme we can offer:
- Support from highly skilled teachers and leaders helping you to learn the art of teaching
- Opportunity to work alongside a highly skilled teacher and mentor
- Opportunity to engage in the latest theory and research which underpins out practice
- A comprehensive professional development programme to compliment the training received through Goldsmiths as a trainee and beyond
Applying to Train with Our Partnership
If you would like to apply for either the salaried or un salaried training route, please complete and submit an application expressing your interest through the UCAS website. https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training
On the UCAS website please search for Inspire Partnership or use our UCAS codes to ensure you apply to train with us:
The Inspire Partnership UCAS code: 2GT
School Direct Salaried Programme Code: 36ML
Training Route (Unsalaried) Programme Code: 36MN
All applications are forwarded to schools. Applicants that meet our entry criteria are shortlisted and invited to interview. If you are successfully selected following interview we will recommend you to our training partner Goldsmiths University of London to make final confirmations before the final offer is made. Subsequently, we will contact you with further arrangements regarding your training.
We require applicants for our programmes to meet a number of requirements, if you have any questions regarding this and your applicability please get in touch. We require all candidates to:
- Have as minimum a lower second class degree
- Have (or planning to) have 10 days classroom experience
- Pass QTS skills tests in Maths and English
- Have GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science
- Undergo health checks and undergo safeguarding checks
If you would like any further information about a school direct placement with us please contact Karolina Jankowska (email@example.com)